Kony 2012 - video director gone mad
  • That was something else to read...what a shame he ended up in that situation..
    For a community to be whole and healthy, it must be based on people's love and concern for each other. ~Millard Fuller

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
    - JK Rowling -
  • They must have done some voodoo on him
  • thats what happens when your conscience is muddled
    When I first saw the Kony 2012 video, I was riled and full of passion to the cause posting it wherever possible, that is until the real story of the people behind the Kony 2012
    first of all Kony have not been in Uganda for over 7 years he has moved on to Congo, yet these guys talk as if he is in Uganda at present
    here are the reactions of the Ugandian people to the so called Kony campaign

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1366736/-/axb60wz/-/index.html

all the KONY campaign did is placed money in the pockets of these guys and not to the Ugandian people....when the criticism started that their organization claimed to help the Ugandian people yet they had only one Ugandian employed all the other employees were Americans (how can you do charity for a region you know nothing about, not their culture or their language)..they immediately placed so call employees up on their website....let his conscience beat him!
    Life is too short and people from my race (black people) are predisposed to hypertension. So when I comment on this board if you personalize my comments and take it to heart......well lets just say you will provide me with entertainment....and I LOVE to laugh!!
  • Life is too short and people from my race (black people) are predisposed to hypertension. So when I comment on this board if you personalize my comments and take it to heart......well lets just say you will provide me with entertainment....and I LOVE to laugh!!
  • Well I don't blame him for doing what he did. Regardless, it still brought exposure to crimes against children in that area which is still well and alive. I know crimes against children happen everywhere but at least there are strict laws to punish the criminals. In these part of the world children have no voice, no advocates- the abuses are horrendous.

It doesn't matter who the people behind the video are or whether KONY is still in Uganda- what matters is what happened to the children, whether it's still happening and whether Kony was brought to justice.
  • obviously you haven't read the article.....kony is NO LONGER in Uganda and haven't been for the past 7 years.......the Ugandian government and the people who were affected are angry at this sensational documentary because it doesn't give accurate information, it just served as a sensational piece...no where did the article said that these things occurred more than 10 years ago it spoke as if the issue is occurring right now
    AND
    if they were bringing light to the issues that affect the children why not donate money to the cause...anyone whose heart is in doing charity work, know that you do not go into charity work to make a profit...is there a reason for a charity organization "Director" to make 88(+) thousands in income??

yes you are right children have no advocate or voice in these part of the world.....but really Kony 2012 was a voice to the children?? reiterating things that occurred 7 years ago?

this documentary was irresponsible
    its one thing to be support a cause, but shouldn't you know what you supporting
    Life is too short and people from my race (black people) are predisposed to hypertension. So when I comment on this board if you personalize my comments and take it to heart......well lets just say you will provide me with entertainment....and I LOVE to laugh!!
  • Tibah..."...anyone whose heart is in doing charity work, know that you do not go into charity work to make a profit..."

Except, many go with their heads, not their hearts, so profit IS the only motive. That is why I give to only select charities.
  • Tibah said:

obviously you haven't read the article.....kony is NO LONGER in Uganda and haven't been for the past 7 years.......the Ugandian government and the people who were affected are angry at this sensational documentary because it doesn't give accurate information, it just served as a sensational piece...no where did the article said that these things occurred more than 10 years ago it spoke as if the issue is occurring right now
    AND
    if they were bringing light to the issues that affect the children why not donate money to the cause...anyone whose heart is in doing charity work, know that you do not go into charity work to make a profit...is there a reason for a charity organization "Director" to make 88(+) thousands in income??

yes you are right children have no advocate or voice in these part of the world.....but really Kony 2012 was a voice to the children?? reiterating things that occurred 7 years ago?

this documentary was irresponsible
    its one thing to be support a cause, but shouldn't you know what you supporting

Yes- things that happened 7 or 10 years ago to the children still matters- justice has no time limit and those responsible should be brought to justice if it takes a lifetime. Questions remains- how are the affected children doing today? are there any other incident of child abuse? or has the Uganda government erradicated the problem? Certainly, it is wrong for a person to profit from atrocities against children and if in fact, there is no basis for this report then it is wrong. But the Uganda government should be more outraged over what happened to the children than the exposure of this video.

My opinion- I appreciate yours.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion