What I would say to my Dominican brothers and sisters
  • stay in your country!!....you may not have all the material things that "America" has, but you are rich in ways Americans can never be....that soil called The United States is the most toxic, the most blighted. It looks good on television, but as we all know tv is make believe.

Do not be fooled by the number of pseudo do gooders (Americans) that film themselves going to other parts of the world, including your soils to tell you how to manage your lives because if you did not know, know now that Americans do not know how to manage their own lives and their own people. They claim to bring peace to other parts of the world but America is the most divided country. They claim to bring nutrition to other parts of the world, but nutritionally, Americans are the most unhealthy people. They claim to tell you how to treat your women, but American women are the most oppressed, the most undermined, manipulated, mistreated, and psychologically damaged than other women in the world.

This cesspool call America claim to be a "world leader" in economy, only 1% of the American population can be considered rich, the 99% is struggling, I mean struuuuugggggglinnnng!! All that glitter you see on tv is just that, glitter.
    Do not be fooled by the Dominicans who visit with "fancy clothes and accessories", these things are cheap and most likely bought at the $1 stores. A great number of the Dominicans who lived in New York, live in the dangerous ghettos and work as nannies for peanut wages.

Why leave a warm country, where you are able to eat a healthy meal, you are able to own your own homes, you can visit the beach, not subject to racism and insult? to a cold country, to live in a rat infested ghetto, making minimum wage, to eat genetically modified cardboard, to be subjected to gross indecency and racism, so that your children can join gangs as oppose to the "education" you thought, "America" could provide (by the way, Americans are at the bottom scale in levels of education (science/mathematics) and general knowledge in the world) and your sons chased and murdered by the police and racist dickheads and they are not sent to prison (you do not need to leave your country for that!)

Believe it or not you may not have all the material possession to consider yourself "rich", but you are rich in so many ways
    Life is too short and people from my race (black people) are predisposed to hypertension. So when I comment on this board if you personalize my comments and take it to heart......well lets just say you will provide me with entertainment....and I LOVE to laugh!!
  • Tibah, what happened to you, your American boyfriend dumped you yesterday?
    America is not that bad. One thing America has in abundance that a lot of other countries don't, is opportunity. That is all one needs. Then it is up to them to seize it.
  • Tibs' I did not want to be the first, but Cacti said it well.

By the way, you are in Canada, so things are sweet!
  • Cactus yes he dumped me.....because I came out of the closet hahahahahahahahahahahaha...with a hundred pairs of shoes and he could not handle that hahahaha (ok serious now)

@Cactus, what "opportunities" pray tell does the US have that can't be found in Dominica with the same determination
    @Uncle BobBob, I am starting to think you're a CIA agent

Life is too short and people from my race (black people) are predisposed to hypertension. So when I comment on this board if you personalize my comments and take it to heart......well lets just say you will provide me with entertainment....and I LOVE to laugh!!
  • Tibah i agree with you over 100%, cactus one sure opportunity America has is for one to become a Gun Slayer!!!!

Tibs my dear you hit the nail on the head!!!
  • On DNO too! B-)
  • What the heck kind of heading is that?

• What the heck kind of heading is that?

mmmm, thanks for the third eye hehehe
    seriously "what I would saw"? lol lol lol
  • rebob, do yu have your GPS Garmin on Toronto nuh?
  • Cactus said:

Tibah, what happened to you, your American boyfriend dumped you yesterday?
    America is not that bad. One thing America has in abundance that a lot of other countries don't, is opportunity. That is all one needs. Then it is up to them to seize it.

There is about 50 million US citizens that would not agree with that statement.

• And then there's the other 50 million U.S. citizens that agree- moi included, and many foreigners STILL flocking to the U.S. for things like healthcare to education to shopping, homes, businesses- you name it. I know for a fact that it's what you make of your life whether it's in America or elsewhere but Cacts said it best...one thing America has is another opportunity around the corner and the freedom to pursue it.. I know a lot of Dominicans that have been VERY successful and love the great U.S. of A.

I can certainly write the other version of what makes America a great country and why I wouldn't change it for any other but it would be quite lengthy.

So- it's a matter of opinion and I respect that.
  • Queen, who love's the US more than Black-People noh?

Black people has been giveing the US our body&soul, since U know when!

• I hear ya- reebs!

Tibs- did you write that? wow that's quite a lot of hate for a country- wee

meslef doh even hate any country (not even those who treat women like second class citizens and rape young women as "punishment") that much- papa
  • SHEBA said:

I hear ya- reebs!

Tibs- did you write that? wow that's quite a lot of hate for a country- wee

meslef doh even hate any country (not even those who treat women like second class citizens and rape young women as "punishment") that much- papa

Mme Johnny P/Pedro's secret girlfriend/ Wisdom's best friend/my board bff:

I would not say "hate", its a general aversion to....your policies on everything.
    the 50 million people who can assert as strongly as you do that its the best place on earth....do not know any better....for material things yes, but fail in everything essential.

ah force you doz personalize tings mmmmm, its like I told you your child ugerly stupes tan ( I am practicing my Dominican, so I can blend in on my visit)

Shebs can you really say that the US is a country with moral proclivity?
  • Life is too short and people from my race (black people) are predisposed to hypertension. So when I comment on this board if you personalize my comments and take it to heart......well lets just say you will provide me with entertainment....and I LOVE to laugh!!
  • Tibs- I wouldn't classify any or an entire country as such- only (some) people. To make a blank statement like that is to generalize, and say that all Americans lack morals which would include me- and I have mucho morals- papa.

And if we generalize- then we could say that the entire world lacks moral proclivity which would be rather incongruous.
  • Tibah said:

Tibs- but it's a wonderful country for many of us, regardless. That sort of thing happens everywhere. If we were to post every such incident from all over the world we would run out of space. Take for example, our beloved Dominica- for years we have posted stories after stories of horrendous things happening- that does not make Dominica a nation lacking morals and any less wonderful for many-
  • people are the same wherever you go!

• exactly- Reebs! It's the people and what they make of it no matter where they are. No one particular country can be faulted for a person's own lack of values, morals or lack of success. It's up to the individual to seek and pursue better opportunities regardless of circumstances. This is why so many have made fortunes from nothing, yet- so many others remain destitute when they all started with the same opportunties-
  • So Tibs- are you in Dominica? if not- why didn't you stay? and is your adopted country a country of "moral proclivity?
  • Hello my chercocot, one thing i must say is that Americans are really true patriots eh!!! I think if everybody was as patriotic to their country as the Americans are maybe just maybe America would have been the poorest country in the world.... See Dominicans for example, apart from the inferiority complex some of us suffers with we lack the basic patriotism required to ensure success!!!

Tibs the first story about the hospital is a true manifestation of what takes place daily, no insurance no health care. and if you read her story you will realize she was a good person caring for her 2 children, until she lost her home in a storm then her job then her children then finally her life, and did you see how they just left her on the cold floor and left... if that was a situation in Iraq or Lybia layou river would not be enough to wash the leaders sins away!!! It would be enough cause for "REGIME CHANGE"

Anyway my chercocot don't like it when we criticise her country so i won't attempt to destroy my good home ok chercocot moooah!!!!!!!
  • ehem! nicely said, my Love. You know what happens when I'm happy ;) :x

but really it's not about not critcizing America- so long I said I could be the greatest critic and I doh agree wif all the policies and does get vex- but what I'm saying is that there is good and bad everywhere- it's what we make of it
  • Dear Lord Sheba
    please wheel and come again with these examples of nobility of the US
    you actually see the Trayvon Martin's case (the marches/rallies) as proof that America is a noble place? dear lord.....if it was such a great place, the parents would not have to beg/ask for justice for their son, justice would come as merited. Such noble people would not be smearing the child's name for their own agenda.

you are taking this personal, as if labelling the US a land of debauchery reflects on you (?)
    hard work pays of anywhere in the world and yes its up to the individual to make choices for their success......but what can one find in the US, that they can't find anywhere in the world?

Sheba maybe you haven't read what I wrote......its the US and not Dominica that goes to every region in the world preaching to them about the way they should run their lives and if they object then they are deemed an enemy (or the new label: terrorists).
    The US went to Iraq and Afghanistan to "teach" the different tribes how to live harmoniously whilst there is race wars going on in the US.
    The US goes to South American countries to tell them how to do their elections or run their governments and at times even pit parties against each other...when politics in the US is the most toxic
    The US are planning to take over North and Sub Sahara Africa because apparently thats the route of the terrorist, but Africans cannot visit the US at their own free will.
    The US are in Somalia fighting the pirates....but they are not speaking of how the piracy started in the first place....US fishermen over fishing in that area which lead the hungry Somalians to retaliate and the success with the first kidnappings led to what it is today.
    The US goes to other countries to liberate their women.....but they can offer us the Kim Kardashian's/Lindsey Lohan's ....see where I am going?

I take it you are making these statements based on your own life?....but you are not the US...the choices you make for yourself for your "success" does not reflect on the US in general, does it?

whilst other parts of the world are enjoying universal health care and education...the US are fighting about who should and should not receive health care...health care is a human right...health care should not be about profit...doctors did not take that oath to become rich...it is a gift to be able to restore health back to someone....restoring health should not be about becoming millionaires and having big houses.

The antidote for poverty and crime is education and there are schools in Africa (the worlds poorest continent) with better school books and system that some schools in the US.
    yet they travel to all nooks and crannies of the world to bring "peace and help the people and educate the girls"....the most ignorant nincompoopish assholery I have heard comes from the US.

oh and by the way, the US condemn South Africa for apartheid, but do you know it was a CIA agent that handed Nelson Mandela over to the South African apartheid government when he was imprisoned for 26 years.
    They speak against apartheid, whilst they have their own kind of apartheid going on to this day.

hell yes people in the US are patriotic because they do not know about the other parts of the world outside of their bubble......if a presidential candidate (and she almost won too, she had a very big following who claimed she was misunderstood and she is actually "intelligent") can speak out in public (not in the privacy of her quarters), but in public where the whole world could hear/see and say that she can see Russia from her back yard, oh and Newt Gingrich can say that the US biggest foe is Russia....Sheba I love you but I just wanna slap you for defending that ish!

Speaking about what the world can see is not about hatred....there are good and bad things about the US, but when the bad outweigh the good....hells I's talk freely a bouts it

the point to my original post: Dominicans don't need to leave Dominica to be subjected to that shit, they can get it in their own country, they could be warm and privy to nutrition while going through that shit, not cold and malnourished....can you imagine!! cold, malnourished and bullshit...a sad case of life is a bitch and then you die

moi still love you Shebs, although my blood pressure went sky high while reading your post and posting this hahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Queen, U get nuff =D> pon this 1 =D>
  • But Tibs- we all know all that about the U.S. and then some- but understand that a lot of what you describe there about the U.S. doing and not doing is what is expected of the U.S. Why do you think the U.S. is the first to be called upon in times of need? FACT! Whether- we like it or not (me included- because I feel there's enough to do here in the U.S.) I love you too Tibs but doh twist what I'm saying- I've never supported that ish you speak about there and have even said that I doh agree wif many of our own policies- but nobody agrees with all of their government's policies all of the time- and while you see the U.S. are doing more bad than good, I see it as more good than bad- and no different than any other country who's first interest would be theirs.

As for the Trayvon case- the way I see it is that only in America a whole nation can come together like that and create such a movement that will no doubt change the course of many things in the U.S., including gun laws. Yes- there is travesty of justice but one thing the U.S. has is the ability to change that. In other parts of the world you have no such freedoms. I predict many big changes will come about from this tragedy.

As for health care, education, etc., while it may not be the best in the world- people still come to the U.S. from many of those so called advanced countries for medical treatment and education, etc. And many of us- the working class are not stuggling in those areas either. The U.S. also have some of the best public assistance programs for the poor and elderly and even affords it to legal residents (foreigners).

I don't know of any starving and malnourished Dominicans in the U.S., but if I see them I will certainly tell them about the various government assistance programs available including cash, housing, food, medical, education etc., which are also available to Americans alike but who rather choose to be on the streets and continue on drugs and alchohol or simply sit around and do nothing- those nobody can help.

Dominicans- like many others can choose to come to the U.S., or any other country for that matter, and be very successful if they so choose, OR stay in Dominica and do the same. Again- it's all up to the individual and the choices they make.

Nothing wrong with my version and your version- I see things as "the glass half full". So relax doh let your blood pressure rise- it's all good! **== :D
  • ok Shebs hugs.....but I am right lol lol lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion